- Apple will host more than 100 engineering sessions in this event which runs from 23 June to 26 June.
- New versions of iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and TVOS may be announced at the event
Jun 22, 2020, 02:02 PM IST
California. Apple is all set to host its 31st Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC 2020). The event will begin with a keynote speech at 10:30 pm Indian time today. Due to the epidemic, the company is organizing its online event. The conference is free for all and will be able to watch it through Apple’s website and YouTube channel. The event will run till 26 June. It is expected that new versions of iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and TVOS can be announced at the event.
How to see WWDC 2020 Keynote and Engineering sessions
- WWDC 2020 is an online only event in addition to being free for all. Apart from being streamed live on the Apple website and YouTube channel, fans and developers can watch the keynote speech online through the ‘Apple Developer website’ and the app.
- If you have an Apple TV, you can use the Events app to watch today’s keynote speech live.
- Keynote will start at 10:00 pm PDT i.e. 10:30 pm tonight in India.
- Interested viewers can also set a “reminder” on the YouTube app to get notifications about the event.
- It is worth noting that apart from today’s keynote speech, Apple will not be doing live streaming through any session YouTube.
- You will be able to use ‘Apple Developer Website’ or ‘Apple Developers App’ to see other sessions including ‘Platform State of Union’.
- The ‘Platform State of Union’ session will begin at 2 pm PDT (ie 23 June 2:30 am IST in India).
- Apart from this, Apple will also conduct more than 100 engineering sessions from 23 June to 26 June.
- The videos will be posted every day at 10 am PDT (10:30 pm Indian time).
Expectations from this year’s WWDC 2020
- Typically, the Apple company showcases its upcoming software development during the WWDC event, but the company has also introduced hardware such as HomePod during the WWDC 2017 event and Mac Pro at WWDC 2019.
- This year, Apple is expected to launch its new iMac desktop. According to reports, iMac2020 will be equipped with T2 processor and AMD Navi GPU.
- Apart from this, the company can announce new versions of iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and TVOS at the event.
- A recent report said that Apple’s iOS operating system running on iPhone and iPod touch will be renamed to iPhoneOS.
- Similarly, it is also expected to get new AR features in many iPhone units of Next Generation iOS14 or iPhoneOS 14.
- Apple can also offer a new AR app named ‘Gobi’ with this software.
- Along with the latest iPadOS 14, the same AR features are expected to be found on the iPad model as well.
- Both iPhone and iPad models can get support for Apple AirTags, which is expected to be launched later this year.
- With the next generation watchOS, more changes will be made to the Apple Watch model to receive new updates.
- According to the report, the company plans to upgrade parental control to the new watchOS.