- iPadOS 14 combines many apps with Apple music, email, calendar, notes and photos
- Watch face in watchOS 7 can also be downloaded from various websites or messages
Jun 23, 2020, 05:03 PM IST
California. Apple launched the updated operating system and software for the iPad, Apple Watch and AirPods at the World Wide Developers Conference 2020 (WWDC) late on Monday. These include iPadOS 14, watchOS 7 and AirPods Pro software. In these updated versions of OS, users will get many advanced features.
What will be new in iPadOS 14?
- Apple has made several updates to the user interface of the iPad and iPad Pro models. Now many apps have been added with Apple Music, Email, Calendar, Notes and Photos. With the help of the sidebar, users will be able to enter the middle of the section quickly. Also, you will be able to drag and drop content between the playlist and the photo gallery.
- Many types of controls will now be available in Apple Music. During live music, lyrics can be scrolled and synced. A new drop-down toolbar UI element will now be available for many apps, which will enable you to do many things at one place.
- All functions of the interface of the iPadOS 14 are designed like the Spotlight pop-up search bar of MacOS. That is, users can launch applications, find contacts, even visit websites.
- With the help of Apple Pencil, it can now work much better on the iPad. That means, now more better handwriting will come. At the same time, the search engine can also be written on Safari’s addressbar. In the new iPadOS, along with English, Mandarin will also be able to work in handwriting.
- Apple pencil is also used to make sketches. In such a situation, you will now be able to make the sketch more professional. The user will be able to convert what he has written with pencil into text immediately. Text can now be deleted and arranged to replace the new content on the page. Users will also be able to identify things like contact, address, phone number.
- The new iPadOS 14 will be used in the iPad Air 2 and later models, the iPad (5th Gen) and later models, the iPad Mini 4 and later models, all iPad Pro models.
What will be new in watchOS 7?
- Apple has made many features in the new watchOS 7 easy and organized. Now users will be able to do many things at once with a single app. Watch face can also be downloaded from various websites or messages.
- Sleep tracking is a long-awaited feature, which will now be available on the watch. In such a situation, now the user will see the downtime routine, pre-set sleep pills, and the necessary information in the morning. Silent haptic alarm feature will help the user to wake up without disturbing anyone else.
- Keeping in mind the Kovid-19 epidemic, Apple has also given a feature related to hand washing. This feature can help the user to wash hands.
- Workout features like dance and core training have also been added to the new OS. The noise level has also been updated, so that the user will get better sound while using headphones. Cycling directions are included in Apple Maps, Siri Translation and Mobility Metrics.
What’s new in AirPods and AirPods Pro?
- AirPods and AirPods Pro can now be quickly switched between other devices in Apple. It will also depend on which device the audio is playing. AirPods Pro will now control the audio as a gesture to move the user’s head while driving the vehicle.