Feb 18, 2020, 01:53 PM IST
Auto desk. Hero MotoCorp on Tuesday launched the most popular commuter motorcycle Hero Passion Pro and Glamor BS6 model. The Passion Pro’s ex-showroom price is Rs 64,990 while its front disc alloy wheel variant costs Rs 67,190. At the same time, the drum brake variant of BS6 Glamor is priced at Rs 68,900 and the disc brake variant is priced at Rs 72,400. At the event, the company also showcased the BS6 compliant All New Extreme 160, which will be launched in the market by next month.
Special features of BS6 Hero Glamor and Passion Pro
- Talk about the design, the BS6 model of Hero Passion Pro looks more sporty than before. Its fuel tank has been redesigned, giving it a fresh look. To entice the youth, the company has given new color options, including Sport Red, Techno Blue, Moon Yellow and Glaze Black. It is available in triple tone color with Passion Pro looking bolder than before.
- Splendor iSmart’s BS6 compliant 110 cc fuel injected, single cylinder engine has been used. The company says that thanks to its i3S Ideal Start / Stop system, it will get better fuel efficiency than before.
- The company said that the new BS6 engine provides 9 percent more power and 22 percent more torque than the BS4 engine. It generates a power of 9 bhp at 7500 rpm and a torque of 9.89 Nm at 5500 rpm. It will get 4 speed transmission.
- The 2020 Passion Pro has been designed on the new Diamond frame, making its front and rear suspension better. At the same time, due to the new frame, its ground clearance has also been increased by 9 percent. It uses auto cell technology and digital-analog instrument cluster. The new Passion Pro is equipped with a real-time mileage indicator.
- Along with the Passion Pro, the company also launched the BS6 compliant Glamor 125. It is also available in two variants, including drum brake and disc brake option.
- It will get 124.7 cc air cooled, 4 stroke single cylinder, OHC motor. It is equipped with the Accelerated Programmed Fuel Injection Technology. The engine generates a power of 10.73 hp at 7500 rpm and 10.6 Nm of torque at 6000 rpm. It will get a 5-speed gearbox.
- The new glamor will get ground clearance of 180 mm, which is 20 percent more than the BS4 model.
- Hero has also used auto cell technology in BS6 glamor. It also has Hero’s i3S Start / Stop system which automatically turns off the engine as per the requirement so that fuel can be saved.
- It has undergone several cosmetic changes including a semi-digital instrument cluster, which will feature signature H-shape LED tail lamps, dual tone graphics, split oil wheels, new grab rails and four color options including Sport Red, Techno Blue, Tornado Gray and Candy. Red is included.
- Looking at the new emission norms, Hero is rapidly converting its lineup to BS6. The company also showcased the BS6 compliant All New Extreme 160R with BS Glamor and Passion Pro. The company will launch it in the market next month. Its price can be up to 88 thousand rupees.
- The company said that it will be available for sale in two variants. It will get front disc with single channel ABS and dual disc with single channel ABS option. Both variants will have White with Gray, Blue with Gray, Sport Red with Gray color options.
- The All New Hero Extreme 160R will get a 160 cc single cylinder air-cooled BS6 engine equipped with electronic fuel injection technology. It will generate a power of 15 Bhp and torque of 14 Nm at 8500 rpm. The company says that it is 0-60 km. It takes 4.7 seconds to reach the speed per hour.